Thursday, March 12, 2015

MJ essay



                                           Michael Jordan

     What this story is saying is that hard work does pay off. Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player that will ever live hands down. Being cut from the varsity basketball team in high school lit a fire in him it made him work harder. He wanted to be perfect at everything and he was he hated loosing.

      Being cut had devastated him his mother told him that he need to discipline himself. He did discipline himself and some more. Before school he would go to the park and practice as much as he could. For Jordan failure wasn’t an option what so ever.
      Wise man once said that it’s a good thing it’s a good thing to be a great athlete but it’s an amazing thing to be a smart and great athlete. Once you learn all you can about the sport you love you start noticing that it becomes easier. You’re able to point out weaknesses and you’re even more comfortable with your game. As long as you have a passion for the passion you’re going to keep working towards getting better at what you love.
     Passion for sports becomes so strong that you hate to see people just playing the sport just to play. You want to play with people that want to win just as much as you do. If you play with people like that you notice that you’ll develop low tolerance for them unlike the people that share the same passion as you. You notice how good you’ve become and how far you came to be where you are now.
      I can understand where Jordan is coming from winning is everything it can separate you from being great or just being the person the team that couldn’t get the job done. When it’s all said and done it’s about how you’ll be remembered. For Jordan it was simple he was a winner. He never lost in the NBA finals now that’s greatness. He is the symbol for greatness at its best.
       For him being cut must have had him feeling as if he wasn’t good enough. I understand where these feelings must have come from. Because this past football season my coach told me that it would be for me to play JV. I took that as a sign of disrespect I still do, I always will that’s something that I’ll never forget. It hurt because he was the reason for us having such a horrible season in the 1st place. I know for a fact that I’m a good player I just wasn’t given the chance to show it. I prove it in spring and in the summer but I guess it wasn’t good enough. That has me eager to get on the field and prove what I can do. I have a lot of pent up anger inside me that I have to let out. But I am working to become a player and teammate. Plus we have Coach Cox back so we should have a good season and actually win some games this year. Like Jordan to me loosing is unacceptable. But like Jordan says ‘I’ve failed over and over and over again and that’s why I succeed

1 comment:

  1. this is a really good essay. you have some minor mistakes like at the end of your first paragraph were you put loose and not loses. over all good

    ReplyDelete